Friday, August 24, 2012

Super Mario Brothers Clouds

      All of the things I've looked up on the internet about clouds have said that making clouds is one of the easiest things to paint because they are so forgiving. I never believed it until I did these clouds. I started with a simple shape drawn in pencil. To give a nice edge to the clouds I made sure to bring the wall color inside the drawing slightly so my white would be the last layer on the wall.  I used a primer and paint combo in white so I didn't have to do three coats (although I did two coats around the edges). I made the outside of the clouds with a handheld paintbrush using simple round strokes and filled in with a small paint roller. I outlined each cloud with an acrylic paint in an ocean-blue shade.




Adding the happy faces was the scariest part for me. I created my own stencil for the eyes using "Auto Shapes" in Publisher and then drew the smiles below. 



Hills and clouds together:






No comments:

Post a Comment